Equilibrium Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wrap
Breathable Horse Leg Wraps
Comfortable, breathable horse leg wraps suitable for flatwork schooling and hacking well established and balanced horses, that need light support and protection.
Allows the horse to move freely, without any feeling of restriction. Close fitting and lightweight, not bulky or heavy
Designed to offer the support of an exercise bandage with the convenience of a boot, these breathatble horse leg wraps are made from a unique and highly effective fabric called Stomatex, which allows these wraps to actively work at keeping horses’ legs cool during exercise. The four-way stretch of the fabric means that there is freedom of movement for your horse, whilst the Velcro fastenings make them easy to put on and take off.
- Stretch & Flex Flatwork horse leg wraps are useful for horses and ponies recovering from injuries, those with joint problems such as arthritis and in providing gentle cushioning over scars and splints
- Offers the support of a bandage, with the convenience of a boot
- Protects against minor knocks and scrapes without restriction
- Ideal for everyday use for flatwork schooling, lunging and hacking
- Thick cushioned panels protect inner fetlock and splint bones
- Made from unique breathable Stomatex that regulates the skin temperature during work
- Easy to fit, easy to wash and extremely comfortable for your horse to wear
- Can be worn on front or hind legs as required
- Supplied in pairs
How Stomatex® Works
The Stretch & Flex Training Wraps are made from Stomatex® – a revolutionary, unusual looking, material. The material itself mimics the way a leaf ‘breathes’ which keeps the skin free from perspiration and maintains an ideal skin temperature over an extended period of time.
The way the material works is by efficiently moving trapped vapour molecules from beneath the fabric by the flexing action of minute dome shaped chambers which contain a tiny pore in the centre. Stomatex replicates how a plant’s stomata transpires and passes vapour from inside the leaf to the atmosphere.
The chambers create a self-contained micro-climate, allowing cooler, drier air to pass through at a controlled rate and the material works as hard as you and your horse are working to maintain this constant condition. This technology is based on the laws of thermodynamics and diffusion – that heat will always transfer from a region of high temperature to a region of low temperature and that, in an attempt to regain equilibrium, water vapour will tend to move from a region of higher density to a region of lower density. This process means that Stomatex can overcome the problems of perspiration and over-heating traditionally associated with the use of closed cell foam materials such as traditional neoprene.
What other properties does Stomatex® have?
As well as ‘breathing like a leaf’ Stomatex provides a unique four-way stretch to enable use around mobile joints such as the fetlock and the special type of Neoprene it is made from repels external water. It is such a revolutionary material that it has been used in many different industries for many different products such as heat acclimatisation suits, padding for wheelchairs, special wetsuits and sport injury support bandages.